Re: Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6? (Configuring Smartpm for Remi repo)

On Sat March 24 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Unforch, finding out how to add a new pull source such as remi's is about
> like asking questions about hens teeth, very little info on the subject
> seems to be extant.

1)	Open smart
2)	Select "Edit/Channels"
3) 	Click on "New" button
4)	Leave default radio button "Provide Channel Information" selected
5) 	Click "OK"
6)	Select "RPM Metadata" radiobutton
7)	Click "OK"
8)	Enter "remi" in the "name" field
9)	Enter "remi" in the alias field
10)	Enter "http://remi.collet.free.fr/rpms/fc6.i386/"; in the "Base URL" field
11)  Click OK

Done!

 - this is the quick and simple method - there are lots of options you can
set, you can change the alias, and so forth, but this will create the channel
for you. After you've downloaded the FF2 from his repo, I would suggest going
into "Edit/Channels" and unchecking the remi repo box - leave it off except
when you want to update your FF2 or for other purposeful reasons.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA