Re: Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 09:19 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 23 March 2007, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >Gene Heskett <gene.heskett <at> verizon.net> writes:
> >> So how does one go about installing it on an FC6 box?
> >
> >You install the RPM from Rémi Collet's repository:
> >http://remi.collet.free.fr
> >http://remi.collet.free.fr/index.php?2007/03/20/324-firefox-2003-1
>
> Unforch, while smart is recommended, and works well 95% of the time, one
> thing it doesn't seem to be attracting is "aftermarket" support.  So
> there isn't a functioning repo for it to use with remi or livna.
Gene, I'm using smart after you mentioned it sometime ago, (thank you!)
and I have livna enabled in it. I think the deal is that you have to
edit livna.repo to be enabled, which is usually not done when using yum.
Then just use discretion when pulling up packages. smart is the cats
pajamas though, I really like it. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net