Re: Install fedora in different language

frank wang wrote:
Hi,

I am not an expert on Linux and trying to install linux on my machine.
After download the fedora, I installed it on my machine using VMware.
It is in English. Then I tried to install it in chinese, supprisingly,
I only saw the empty square on the display. Without knowing what they
are meaning, I deleted the installation.

Could anyone tell me how to install fedora in chinese / japanese? I am
using fedora 6.

I also tried Ubuntu on this. Ubuntu is very easy to install. Simply
select the chinese during the installation and after that, the OS is
installed in the language I want. Unfortunately, I could not share my
host drive easily using Ubuntu. But fedora is very easy to config for
that.

You can select the language you want during installation. Select customize now during the installation phase and select the language you want. Post installation you can do it using Add/Remove software in the menu (Pirut) or using yum groupinstall.

Rahul