Re: yum update -> Missing Dependency for libdevmapper.so.1.02 (FC5)

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 19:36 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 19/03/07, J.Moore wrote:
> >
> > [root@aria jamoore]# rpm --query --provides device-mapper
> > libdevmapper.so.1.02
> > libdevmapper.so.1.02(Base)
> > device-mapper = 1.02.13-1.fc5
>
> This is highly interesting. Because this output means that now you've
> got the needed libdevmapper installed, at least. When it is still
> complained about it during the yum update, that normally means that
> one of the new packages upgrades/replaces device-mapper in an
> incompatible way.
>
> Can you "yum update ..." individual packages one-by-one or in small groups?

I just completed a one-by-one update of all the packages listed for
update; i.e. updated packages individually. The only ones that failed
were:
parted.386, and
pyparted.i386

I assume this is the partition editor?

I tried deleting and re-installing the parted package... removal worked
OK, but installation failed. So I guess I now have no partition editor?

Thanks,
Jay