Re: DNS resolution problem

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> I bet that if you set immutable on /etc/resolv.conf it is also going
>> to be set on /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.conf.
>> At least on my systems, they are the same linked file.
>>
>>> From ls -i:
>> 7856654 /etc/resolv.conf
>> 7856654 /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.conf
>
> I usually just remove anything under the
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles directory so I don't have any
> surprises.  Is it's use documented somewhere?

I am not sure. I do know it is part of the config files for
system-config-network. If you create a profile other then default,
then the link is to the active profile.

I wrote up some Wiki stuff for the Mandriva version of this. I
should probably check the Fedora one to see if it is covered. If it
is not, I'll double check that it works the same way, and see about
posting a revised version. (The Mandriva pages seam to have vanished
 when the site was moved...)

Mikkel