Gnome vs. KDE question.

No, this is not a flame war.

I have been using Gnome since I started using X-Windows and find it is dumbing down to much like Windows and taking the tools and controls away from me. I have spent weeks looking for the disk mounting tool to find that I have to do it the Windows way from My Computer, oops, I mean computer.

As I have some applications that are Gnome based that I like, I want to know if they will run in Fedora running KDE instead of Gnome. I run KDE apps in Gnome so just wanting to make sure.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.