Re: Setup of PPPoA on FC6

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 21:17 -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 23:01 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
> > 	There will only be one other Linux box and a windo$e laptop on this
> > LAN, so DHCP is not setup on this Linux box.
> >
> > 	If the router is the DNS can I leave those fields blank in the DNS tab
> > of network configuration?
>
> if the router is acting as the dns and you are not using dhcp, you
> should set your dns server on the linux box as the ip address of the
> router.

	Thanks to all,
			I was back on site yesterday.  The FC6 box had not been shutdown
since last week but the router had been off.  Turned it on and it
connected straight away.  I ran neat to find that router address had
been added to both primary and secondary DNS and "BigPond" had been
added to DNS Search Path.

	I removed the DSL devices that I and adsl-setup created, restarted the
network and still all is well.

	All is working fine!

	Many thanks
	Simon Slater