Re: Packages not signed?

William Case wrote:
Hi;

After I ran into "another yum" running, locked files etc.  I tried the
Microsoft solution.

Alexander Boström wrote:
lör 2007-03-17 klockan 06:05 +0530 skrev Rahul Sundaram:

This has been fixed but repositories need to catch up. Clean your yum cache and try again after sometime.
What happens if he doesn't clean the cache? Will yum ever catch on or
will his yum updates be broken until there's a new libpcap release? If
the latter, then I think it's would be a very good idea to bump the
release tag and rebuild. There might be others out there who experience
the same problem but who just gives up and ignores the error messages.
The cache will expire after sometime. Check /etc/yum.conf for metadata_expire setting and reading man yum.conf for details.

Shutdown and rebooted.  Yum (through pup) loaded libpcap and everything
else that was part of the upgrade without a problem.  Everything has
been fine since.  Why should rebooting fix this?

Are you runing yum-updatesd? If you are, then make sure you have the latest update which will only lock files when it is actually checking for updates.

Rahuk