Re: Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

--- Tin Tin <open07@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > As for me, Fedora has better respect for my
> freedom than Ubuntu does.
> > >
> > Please explain.
>
> I quote Fedora Project Leader Max Spevack:
>
> "But ultimately for Fedora the goal is Free
> software. Including
> support for proprietary drivers in our distribution
> would violate that
> tenet, but we believe it is important enough that we
> don't compromise.
> All distributions face this challenge, and it is at
> times a difficult
> question to answer. But I am proud of the fact that
> Fedora's choice
> has been consistently in favor of freedom in
> software.
>
> By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary
> drivers, Fedora does
> differ from other distributions. Ubuntu is one
> example, as there is
> very strong language about their commitment to Free
> and open source
> software, right up until the line stating that they
> include
> binary-only drivers on their CDs and in their
> repositories."
>
> --

Well said!  Fedora is commited to Free Software and
will not put itself and its users into problems.  If
the user wants to add things, it is up to the user.

Also, on a side note.  Linux Mint and *BuntuSpire have
Ubuntu as a base and include what Ubuntu doesn't
should not they be a little bit ahead of Ubuntu.  Like
if you give Ubuntu 1 and Fedora 0, then

Linux Mint 2
Ubuntu 1

Freespire 2
Ubuntu 1

If the score is still 1-0, going into the 90th minute
with Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0, the coach sends the Fedora
goalie on a corner and he scores the goal to tie the
score(just like in the Champions League a team was
losing 3-2 and sent the goalie who scored and tied it
up at 3-3.  Went into overtime and his team scored
again for the win)then it is Ubuntu 1, Fedora 1.  We
need to go into Overtime way OT, possibly penalty
kicks to decide the score.

Regards,

Antonio

The fish are biting.