Re: KDE human sorting

On 17/03/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The reason I thought it impossible is that file3.txt is an alpha-name, and you
are asking it to consider part of it as numerical.  Of course there may be
macros that can recognise the numeric part and separate them.  I just haven't
come across them.  Long habit has caused me to add the zeros, to make it
easy.

Anne

I know, it makes the process quite a bit more complicated. I'm still
trying to remember bubble-sort and all it's relatives from my C class.
Breaking the filename up into text-integer-text and sorting on THAT
does not seem fun to program. But for the end user, it makes a huge
difference.

Still googling a way to do this in KDE. I want to be certain that
there ISN'T a way before I file a bug there.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/203/flock_of_seagulls_a.html
http://what-is-what.com