Re: Evolution and Seahorse playing together

Markus Lindholm wrote:
> Thanks, the group definition solved my case.

Nice to know the work-around worked. :)

> Isn't it more of an Evolution issue? Shouldn't it give more control
> to the user? I mean even if it finds a perfect match it would be
> nice if it would show a dialog after pressing the send button saying
> something like 'You're about to send this letter signed with this
> key and encrypted with this key. Would you like to add/remove some
> keys?'

I'd say it's either an evolution or seahorse issue, whichever one is
handling the task of choosing what keys to encrypt to.  I guess evo
does have the crypto built in and so it's probably it which should be
changed and not seahorse.

I do think any good crypto setup should allow the user to associate
email addresses with keys manually if need be.  There are some folks
that don't use an email address on their key (for various reasons) and
not being able to encrypt to them is a pain if they happen to be
someone you'd really like to to trade encrypted mail with.

Conscience: the inner voice which warns us that someone may be
looking.
    -- H. L. Mencken