Re: Setup of PPPoA on FC6

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 18:52 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> <snip>
> One thing to keep in mind - a lot of these modem/routers remember
> the MAC address of the first device to connect to them, so you may
> have to power it down, wait 60 seconds, and power it back up. Then
> try connecting with the Linux box. (Or tell the Linux box to fake
> the specific MAC address the modem expects.)
> Mikkel
> --
>
>   Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!

Thanks Mikkel
	This router has been swapped from a windo$e laptop via USB to the Linux
box via ethernet.  Also the ethernet cable was swapped between ports to
verify from the logs which card was which.  I'm sure it was powered
down, at least before the last attempt last night.  It'll be a couple of
hours before I can check.

Regards
Simon

PS