Re: certificate for SSL web connection?

> Then, if I click "Continue to this website (not recommended).", then the web
> site https://mydomain/ does show up and it seems that everything is working
> under SSL connection. However, the IE7 shows a box Certificate Error next to
> the address.  Clicking it shows: Mismatched Address
> Clicking "View certificate" shows: Certificate Information
>   Issued to: localhost.localdomain
>   Issued by: localhost.localdomain
>   Valid from 5/12/2006 to 5/12/2007

Pretty much the error "mismatched address" shows what's wrong. The certificate has
to match the DNS hostname or you'll get errors. Right now your cert shows assigned
to localhost.localdomain whereas your web page is something else.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx