SElinux filesystem relabel at boot problem

Hi

I recently tried turning SElinux back onto "Enforcing" and rebooting
so that a filesystem relabel would happen. However, on reboot, loads
of messages are spewed to the console - I'm not sure if this is during
the relabel or afterwards, and half an hour later it is still going.
The messages being spewed to the console only and don't appear in any
logs and they fly by too quick to read (they are selinux audit type
messages though).

This is on a new intel core 2 duo machine (2.4 GHz), and a 160 GB hard
drive (only about 15 percent of which is used in total) , and so I
would expect that the relabel shouldn't take so long. Any ideas as to
how I can make some progress towards diagnosing what the problem is?
Because this is all happening early in the system coming up, there
doesn't seem like there's much I can do. I should also add that the
machine boots fine with SElinux disabled.

TIA
Jonathan