Re: Duplicate Packages

jim tate wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:59:24 -0400
jim tate <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What command could I use to show me duplicate packages of RPM's , with different version numbers. Yum isn't taking out older versions of some packages when updating, and it causes problem when updating
This is on a i386 box.

Jim

You might try this script which shows packages duplicated or mismatched and has provisions for multiarc systems. It excludes the kernel and public keys. Steve Grubb developed this script awhile back. I only customized minor things like outputting no duplicates found instead of just returning to the prompt without information.

Jim C.

--
	"What time is it?"
	"I don't know, it keeps changing."