Re: convert VHS to DVD

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

[snip]

I tried downloading vobcopy, and it's been running a couple
of *days* trying to rip a two hour movie!

It should not take that long unless it is having a problem reading
the disk itself. (Too many scratches/cracks, etc...)

It's a brand new disc, only been played once. No visible scratches.

Anyone here with experience ripping/copying DVDs using
Linux?

Not trying to give away or sell, just for personal use.
Each time a DVD gets taken out of its case, there are
microcracks and scratches. Wanna play the copies.
This is in the USA.

I have had good luck with K9copy. It has the advantage of being able
to make the copy on single layer blanks. It is basically a front end
for a bunch of other programs.

http://k9copy.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the link...

Mike