Re: Old notebook w/o cdrom or floppy. How to install?

Words by linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx [Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 10:16:10PM -0400]:
> On Monday 12 March 2007, Rob wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an old Samsung Sense 380 notebook.
> > The CDrom is broken and unusable and it
> > has no floppy drive.
> >
> > Currently it has a broken and unusable
> > Windows XP installation and the owner of
> > the notebook gave up on it and made me the
> > new owner :).
> >
> > Now, I boot this notebook into Fedora with
> > the PXEboot of the BIOS. From there I can
> > access the harddisk and write whatever
> > I want to it or run fdisk to partition it.
> >
> > So, is there a way to do a basic installation
> > of Fedora to the harddisk on this notebook
> > while it is running Fedora 6 over the network?
> >
> > It has 128 MB Ram and 20 GB harddisk.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rob.
>
> You don't have enough ram or disk to run FC.

What!?... have you been drinking ? 20GB much is more than enough (*).
Ram on the other side is never enough and 128MB is a bit too short but
it will do for fluxbox for instance.

(*) have a PII - 300Mhz laptop with 4GB disk and 256MB ram running fc3.

--
Jose Celestino
http://www.msversus.org/     ; http://techp.org/petition/show/1