Re: FC6 Shutdown

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 12:28 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Jim
>
> maybe I was not very clear.
> I usually shutdown the machine by System/Stop where you have the
> Re-start/Clear/Stop options.
>
> If I push the Stop button the system should stop, but many times I
> have to rerun procedure
>
> Tnx
I think we have a translation problem. On systems configured in English
the option is Shutdown and the sub-options are Suspend Restart Cancel
and ShutDown.

Now I have had shutdown problems in FC6. The operation of the acpid
module. First see that acpid is running. Then just after boot, run dmesg
and check for ACPI messages which will possibly tell you what to do to
get poweroff. Look at man halt to see how halt and poweroff relate to
each other .

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>