Re: DVD frustration - new observation

On Monday 12 March 2007, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:08:12 +0000
>
> Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thinking about what you said, I realised that you may be testing with
> > commercially burned disks
>
> Actually, I tested both, but the home burned disk was burned on
> windows (sorry) not linux. Maybe the problem is with the burning
> software? (but they why would the burned disk work OK in a stand
> alone player?). Nope. Too confusing for me.

:-)  It is, isn't it?  The disks are prepared with mjpegtoos + dvdauthor, then
burned in k3b.  They always worked until recently.  I also find that disks
burned on my stand-alone video recorder won't play in xine etc. these days.

Just adding details, in the hope that it sparks an idea from someone :-)

Anne