Re: DVD frustration

On Monday 12 March 2007, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:51:23 +0000
>
> Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Has anyone any idea what might be causing this?
>
> Well, things are working perfecty for me right now, but I just
> checked and see both mplayer and xine-lib updates are available.
>
> new packages are:
>
> mplayer is 1.0-0.70.rc1.lvn6 (livna)
> xine-lib is 1.1.4-3.fc6 (extras)
>
> my current versions are:
>
> mplayer-1.0-0.69.rc1.lvn6
> xine-lib-1.1.4-1.fc6
>
> Let's go ahead and update and see what happens...
>
> ...install, install, install...
>
> Sorry, everything is still working for me - I guess this wasn't much
> help :-).

In the first place, thanks for trying.  However, maybe it was not as useless
as you suspected.  Although only this morning I tried a yum update with livna
enabled, I was not offered an update.  My xine-lib version is the same as
yours, but the mplayer version is mplayer-1.0-0.69.rc1.lvn6 - IOW the same as
your older one.  You said that it was working for you, but of course there is
always the possiblity of a conflict with something else on this box.  I'll
give the mirrors time to update then try again for the latest mplayer.  If
that doesn't help I think I will uninstall all the dvd players and start
afresh.  It could take a long time poking around to find the problem area, if
I ever do.  A fresh install of everything xine- and mplayer- related may be a
quicker and cleaner option.

Anne