Re: OT: Pine - Reply To Address

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Tim wrote:
Will:
Thanks for pointing that out :)  I appreciate that.  I will change that now.

Though, there are times you may want it.  This mailing list, for
instance, will allow you to add your address to the reply-to field (it
has its own address in there, you can have yours in as well).  Then
you'll automatically get personal replies as well as ones to the list.
You *may* want that, some do.  But some people wonder why they get two
replies back to their own list postings, and get annoyed about it,
though it's really their own fault.

But, in general, you shouldn't have a "reply-to" address the same as
your "from" address.

Tim,
Thanks for explaining that view of it. I see what you mean now.

Thanks,
Will