Re: More Info: Please help: Fdisk/parted fails to handle >1TB partition!

Hi,

 Thanks for your responses.

 But still I am not very clear regarding that. My
question is: How big a msdos label(partition type) can
handle? Is the upper limit 1TB or 2TB?

For my other machines, it does like 2TB-1, but the
fdisk with msdos label have a varying upper limit of
total partitions' size when the disk/RAID is over 2TB,
sometime it is 1.2TB, other times it is 1.5TB.

It looks the upper limit is depending on the RAID type
(RAID0, RAID10, RAID5, RAID50, RAID6), but this is
only from experience, not theory.

Any one can show where we can find an 'official'
explanation regarding this problem?

Thanks.