Re: Use tar to append?

Ed Greshko wrote:

Maybe a silly question...but are you doing this for backups? Just

Yes.

wondering why you wouldn't use Amanda.

(1) It requires installing Yet Another Package onto my already
cramped for free space system.

(2) It requires learning how to use Yet Another Package when
I'm not interested in making my OS be a hobby.

(3) It uses other than Standard Tools, which if I decide to
move to another OS will make my backups not very usable.

(4) The Standard Tools are perfectly adequate for the task,
so far.

In fact, I wonder why that is even a question.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.