what the f*ck (pardon my french)

This didn't happen for some time, but today I managed to restart X in
the middle of my work!
I was pissed.
This should happen. Only key combination I know of for restarting X is
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE.

I use klipper in gnome as clipboard manager.

I wanted to see a list of clipboard stack, and tried to press
CTRL-ALT-V which pops up klipper window from tray.

I'm not sure which keys I pressed but some key near V. Maybe C or F.
But still when I not try CTRL-ALT-C or F my desktop stays working, X
doesn't reset.
Can somebody explain this to me?

Thank you.
--