Re: Direct Update FC 1 -> FC6

Valent Turkovic wrote:
I tried FC4->FC6 with DVD upgrade, it just failed...

On 3/4/07, Guillermo Garron <guillermo.fedora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/3/07, Gerhard Wiesinger <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Ist it possible to do a direct update via yum from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora
> Core 6? (without updating FC1 => FC2 => FC3 => FC4 => FC5 => FC6).  Can
> some of the versions be updated directly?
>
> Thank you for the answer.
Just another question, instead of an answer, would not be better to
try download the FC6 CDs and try an upgrade using the CDs instead of
yum?

regards,
--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."

I did the upgrade from FC4 to FC6 using the DVD as the network isn't that great from time to time. It was okay but took a very long time. Never did get things back to normal.

As the drive started giving me error messages, I put a new drive in and did a clean install. Much quicker but getting the secondary packages installed took a bit longer.

If you only use the default Fedora repositories, I don't see any issues. If you use any secondary repositories, go for a clean install as it is easier to clean up the cludge after.
--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.