Re: We need a new subject- bug fixes

Around 01:51pm on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 (UK time), Timothy Murphy scrawled:

> Tim wrote:
>
> I just started trying this last week, more as "proof of concept"
> than a serious matter.
> I found changing sendmail.mc fairly simple.
> In addition to commenting out the line that was mentioned,
> I also commented in the LOCAL_DOMAIN line (with appropriate domain);
> I'm not sure if that is actually necessary?
>
> I've been warned that what I did was very dangerous,
> so I'll probably close it down,
> unless I find a simple way to stop it being an "open relay".

Tim,  I have documented my configuration here:
http://www.stevesearle.com/tech/fed.core4.svr.html#sendmail and it is
not an open relay.

There are various sites that will check if you have an open relay,
just google for them.

> Incidentally, I also had to open a peephole in my ADSL modem,
> and add a rule to shorewall to allow email in.

Yes you would have to do this - assuming you meant port forwarding by
"open a peephole".

Steve