OT: Cloud Operating System

Forecast: Xcerion Clouds the OS Horizon, Fuzzes Google, Microsoft Out of
Picture

By Darryl K. Taft

March 5, 2007

Opinion: A Swedish startup with big-name backers touts its vision of a
cloud operating system—something that Microsoft and Google have yet to
show clearly.

When it comes to talk about computing in "the cloud," my thinking on the
subject is, well, cloudy. I know companies like Google and Microsoft are
working on getting there, and Salesforce.com is basically cloud central.
But nobody's achieved this overall strategy of building out a back-end
infrastructure to support an extensive network of services residing out
on the Web. So, even though I'm not from Missouri, my attitude about
this cloud stuff has been "show me."

Full article at;
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2100538,00.asp?kc=EWITAEMNL030507EOAD

taharka