Re: Can I generate Installation DVD from Development repository

Hikaru Amano wrote:
On 3/4/07, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I guess wget works with http also. Are you not retrieving the iso and
not sending ftp?

well ... wget support both .. and i know that ...

my problem currently was http download stuck halfway of the download
... and for some reasons, the servers doesnt reply the content length
if requested through http .. thus making resume not working .. had to
redownload everytime it stuck ..

I know the experience when downloading through browsers in the past. It really makes grabbing then CDs a tough task.

The file is working fine for me and is pulling in the file at speeds
varying from 300k/s down to the 100k/s ranges and is 17% complete since
my previous posting.

I could not see someone not allowing one to pull in files from ftp
sites. Sending files out ftp though might be a security risk to the
organization. No doubt some admins would limit ftp incoming though.

Lets just say the admins + the pointy haired bosses are paranoid ...
only connections to HTTP and HTTPS are allowed .. other protocols ..
blocked totally ..

We have unique policies in our work environment also. Fortunately they don't go that far as to limiting major protocols.

Jim