Re: yum update / SELinux problem?

Jonathan Rawle wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
After fixing up the system for SELinux content, the rpm package for
selinux policy should revise the content with its %post and %pre
scriptlets. I believe the program is called restorecon which is ran when
the policy is updated.

I used to see several screens of output from restorecon whenever a policy
package updated. But I haven't noticed that with more recent updates. Are
the messages suppressed now, or could it be an indication of a bug?

I cannot recall if the last update was verbose or the messages were suppressed. I like to see the messages for two reasons, see what restorecon is doing and also so I don't think yum is locked up when it is actually waiting for restorecon to complete.

It probably is alright. You might want to ensure it is running when policy is being updated.

Don't rely too heavily on my comments for SELinux policy though.

Jim