Re: yum update / SELinux problem?

Jonathan Rawle wrote:
Today's updates have installed without any problems.

I notice there is yet another SELinux policy update. Should I be relabelling
the filesystem every time I see one of these policy updates has been
installed? I'm keen for the labels not to get out of step again if it's
going to cause problems like the one I had with yum.

After fixing up the system for SELinux content, the rpm package for selinux policy should revise the content with its %post and %pre scriptlets. I believe the program is called restorecon which is ran when the policy is updated.

If this happens to you in the future, you might need to file a bug report or comment on the SELinux list about the problem.

If it related only to the pam dependent rpms as was commented about in this thread, then the problem is already being addressed and hopefully resolved.

Jim

--
If you aren't rich you should always look useful.
		-- Louis-Ferdinand Celine