Re: How to add /sbin to useable paths on FC5

On Sunday 04 March 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:
>On Sunday 04 March 2007 18:38, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 04 March 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:
>> >I have a problem when compiling a library. I am upgrading Aldrin, a
>> > music app. The latest version needs a library that used to be
>> > integrated in Aldrin, but now needs to be installed separately. The
>> > library "libzzub" doesn't seem to be available for FC5, at least not
>> > in extras, or freshrpms.
>> >
>> >This library is built using scons, but when I su to root to do a
>> > "scons install" it insists on running ldconfig, which it can't as
>> > it's not calling /sbin/ldconfig, and lunches out saying there's a
>> > problem.
>> >
>> >I had a look in /etc/profiles, and I'm sure on an earlier version of
>> > FC, I added /sbin to the paths, but FC5 seems to be a bit different.
>> >
>> >What do I need to do, so that it is not necessary to call ldconfig
>> >as /sbin/ldconfig?
>>
>> 'su -' maybe?
>
>Thanks Gene. I'd tried that, but then scons install was looking in the
> /root directory for the SConstruct file, and it obviously wasn't there.
> Darned computers!
>
>Nigel.

Well, I'm not on speaking terms with scons, but if you intended that file
to execute, you can either put it someplace in your $PATH, or cd to the
directory containing it and "sh ./Sconstruct".  I suspect that is not the
problem, but its in that general category.  Perhaps you need to set an
env variable or something similar?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)