Re: How to add /sbin to useable paths on FC5

Nigel Henry wrote:
> This library is built using scons, but when I su to root to do a
> "scons install" it insists on running ldconfig, which it can't as
> it's not calling /sbin/ldconfig, and lunches out saying there's a
> problem.

You could use the - (or -l) option to su so that you get root's
environment which has /sbin in the path.

Alternatively, you can edit ~/.bash_profile and add /sbin to the PATH=
line there.

Or you could edit the install files from the library you're installing
so that they use the full path (sed -i 's,ldconfig,/sbin/ldconfig'
install_files).

> What does "pathmunge" mean?

pathmunge is just a function created to handle the task of adding an
entry to the PATH.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first
things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke, Parliament of Whores