Re: Can I generate Installation DVD from Development repository

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 22:08:52 -0500,
  Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I could not see someone not allowing one to pull in files from ftp
> sites. Sending files out ftp though might be a security risk to the
> organization. No doubt some admins would limit ftp incoming though.

It is common to need to use passive mode for ftp transfers to get through
firewalls. The reason is that firewalls don't need to maintain state
to block inbound connections to random ports, so they are often set up
this way. This blocks servers from connecting to ports advertised by
clients in using ftp in what used to be the normal way.