Re: FC6 installation problem

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 03:32 +1000, Res wrote:

> 4 CPU's sounds like serious stuff, much like HP 580s, I wouldn't be
> running
> fedora on it, I'd be using a more stable and longer supported OS like
Slack ware

> Cheers
We have been running Fedora versions up through FC5 on 4 CPU machines
without problem so I would expect FC6 to also work. I would try the
installation again to make sure that your problem will go away.

Alternately, a look at the boot messages on a fresh boot might tell you
something. The message you listed ""asking for cache data failed,
assuming drive cache: write through,
 reading all physical data, this may take a while..."
should be accompanied with other messages that might identify the
problem.

I would at least boot it again and see if you get the same error. I
can't find out form your message if you did multiple boots and got the
same message.
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.
-- William Blake