Re: fglrx question

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 15:13 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Thu March 1 2007 2:33:15 pm Jonathan Berry wrote:
> > On 3/1/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Well, yes, X is crashing - I do know that, but, I haven't
> > > been able to figure out why. I did spend some considerable
> > > time on the NV forum the night before last, trying to sort
> > > it out, but, I'm at the point of having to turn on some
> > > logging and let folks look at results, and I haven't had
> > > time to get to that yet.
> >
> > Okay.  Well, what has changed from when it was working?
> >

> As I stated, I haven't figured it out
>
> > But I don't see
> > any numbers that are a third of this.  Where are the numbers
> > from your dual-core system?  I see some comparable to these
> > and one set that is in the mid-400 FPS.
> >

> Could be it's me muddying the waters - it was very early when I
> posted this am, and I was pretty groggy. I haven't posted any
> numbers from my home machine in this thread but they're running
> around ~1000FPS right now (well, up till the problem with X
> crashing started) - that's the dual-core (not core-duo) w/ 2GB
> ram. The machine at work is the one turning in the good results

I just noticed that mine has gone to Hell. When this thread started I
was chuckling over just how well mine was running, BooYah! Now it's
shit.

563 frames in 5.3 seconds = 295.924 FPS
1469 frames in 5.0 seconds = 292.530 FPS
1469 frames in 5.1 seconds = 288.545 FPS

Someone just kill me now, another night screwing with stuff that "Worked
Previously" (tm) Last night it was the printer again, that "Worked
Previously" (tm). With an Nvidia card, (5200+) do I actually need
ANYTHING installed that the rpm-name starting with "mesa-"? Any other
"Gotchas"(tm)? Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net