Re: Conflict with installing RKWard

On 2/28/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> RKWard seems to be a nice gui for R. Its site has the address
>
> http://rkward.sourceforge.net/
>
> I have compiled it from the tarball and created a rpm, but getting the
> following conflict when trying to install it:
>
> «Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax/r.xml
> from install of rkward-0.4.6-1 conflicts with file from package
> kdelibs-3.5.6-3.fc6»
>
> Any ideas? Is there somewhere a ready rpm without the above problem?

The conflict seems to be just a single xml helper for syntax
highlighting in Kate. You should be able to force the installation
relatively safely.

I have added rkward to the wish list at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList

In my case, I also use kate for writing R programs. Can I expect that
kate will with no problem write R programs if I force the installation
of rkward?

Thanks, Rahul, for having added rkward to the Extras/WishList.

Paul