Re: ifconfig not found on Fedora6

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 11:18:16 -0500,
  Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue February 27 2007, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > /sbin/ip addr list
>
> One of the few things I do from the command line in both windows and linux on
> a regular basis is this: the Windows "ipconfig /all" command is actually
> better, though, I wouldn't be surprised to find there's options in the "ip"
> utility I haven't discovered yet since I just learned of it.
>
> The windows command with the /all switch reveals much useful info - not just
> mac and ip addresses, but, the gateways being used, and the dns servers
> configured for those addresses, something I often need to know.

To see routes, use:
ip route list

In Unix dns server ip addresses aren't really bound to interfaces. When some
interfaces become active they may change the dns server ip addresses, but
then all (normal) applications start using those new addresses.
The dns server addresses are kept in /etc/resolv.conf .