Re: ifconfig not found on Fedora6

On Tue February 27 2007, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> /sbin/ip addr list

One of the few things I do from the command line in both windows and linux on
a regular basis is this: the Windows "ipconfig /all" command is actually
better, though, I wouldn't be surprised to find there's options in the "ip"
utility I haven't discovered yet since I just learned of it.

The windows command with the /all switch reveals much useful info - not just
mac and ip addresses, but, the gateways being used, and the dns servers
configured for those addresses, something I often need to know.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA