Re: Encrypt parts of drive?

Peter Lauri wrote:
So if I forget to lock it and the computer is stolen then it is not
encrypted? Is the lock/unlock part just for the system to be able to read
from it?

If the laptop is shutdown, the encrypted filesystem is automatically unmounted. I have made it a habit to unmount it manually as I don't /shutdown/ my laptop, I hibernate it.

A howto by Todd Warner is a good resource to read before starting with fuse-encfs. It'll clear the basics.
http://www.dma.org/~tw/howtos/howto-fuse-encfs-the-web.html

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar