RAID 0+1 on Fedora?

    Has anyone tried setting up a four drive RAID 0+1
on Fedora Core using the installer tools for setting
up custom drive partitions? After doing some benchmarks
on a new dual quad core Xeon system, it has become
apparent that at 8 processors certain calculations
that thread well can show a disk i/o bottleneck
so it might be worth exploring striping my mirrors
with a RAID 0+1. However, I am unclear on how well
tested the linux software raid support (and installer
setup tools) are for such a configuration.
                  Jack