Re: Dell says all aboard for Linux PCs

William Anderson wrote:

Yeah, and around the 2,070 mark, we have:
http://www.dellideastorm.com/article/show/63527/FREE_TV_advertising_on_new_Cable_TV_network

Not exactly awe-inspiring stuff, so it's not surprising Dell cherry picked.

That means nothing, since the Microsoft free one was up at 33,000 (the spam is 6% of that) when I looked. Also they took time to trumpet about being Carbon Neutral, or at least to drop the phrase in there, and that is much further down.

That's one idea Dell "recommends Windows Vista™ Business" don't want to
give any oxygen to.  And why would any news outlet rock the boat when
their boat floats on Dell and Microsoft advertising dollars.

Dell are required to "recommend" XP and Vista by virtue of the OEM

They want Microsoft's money, so they agree to stuff that is only in Microsoft's interest, not their customers'. You can't say "required" as if they have no choice. They don't want to explain the way they pocket monopoly money to keep shouting Microsoft's message at the customer over and over, because that's an ugly truth their customers can understand.

-Andy