Re: Clock battle...

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 04:35 +0000, Ryan Li wrote:
> I'm running both FC6 & OSX on my iMac...
> when I boot into OSX, my clock shows the correct time,
> but when I boot into FC6, my clock displays the wrong time.
> I change it in FC6 to the correct time, but then once I boot back into OSX
> the clock there is wrong... both clocks are set to the same time zones,
> not being updated by any network, just setting them manually each time.
> what can I do to make them both display the correct time? Any ideas?

I don't know how the Mac runs its clock, but Unix usually runs the clock
on GMT, and you *display* time as the local time.  Linux allows you to
run the hardware clock on local time or GMT, whatever you've got it on
at the moment, try the opposite.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.