Re: Antivirus For Fedora & Postfix

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Thursday 22 February 2007 17:20, Phil Meyer wrote:
Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
Thanks for your answer. On the website, I saw that it comes with
sendmail integration. Do you think it is possible/easy tu use it with
postfix ?

Regards

Matthew Miller a écrit :
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 04:23:50PM +0100, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
I've installed a mail server (postfix) on a fedora Core 6 64 bits.
I'm looking for a antivirus solution to be placed on the mail
server, but the solutions I've found (Kapersky, Bitdefender,...) are
only available in 32 bits. Does anyone kown a stable solution in 64
bits ?
clamav. It's included in Fedora Extras.
YES.  Been there done that at two locations, now.  Works well.

I've still to try this, Phil.  Is there good documentation?

Anne

We spent allot of time researching this for the first client, and when we went to do the second, it seemed too easy.

As others have mentioned, both clamv and amavis are in extras.

Here are the relevant lines from my postfix main.cf:

content_filter = lmtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
lmtp-amavis   unix    -       -       n       -       8       lmtp
smtp-amavis     unix -        -       n     -       8  smtp

It should be pretty obvious which lines go in which section.

The idea is that both inbound and outbound email are passed through the virus checker.

amavis will use the clamv database for checking.

As I recall, the default /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf does this.

clamv may need a bit of tweaking for email reports, but thats about it.

Once you verify the postfix is working, you can remove the sendmail packages.

The guys who rolled the packages of clamv, amavis and postfix for FC6 did a good job.

Good luck!