Re: YUM doesn't not work

On 2/22/07, seba bino <sebas0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yum is still Broken.
Synaptic appears to work OK
I install smart using synaptic; try to run it and get:
[root@localhost ~]# smart
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/smart", line 27, in ?
    from smart import init, initDistro, initPlugins, initPsyco
ImportError: No module named smart

Is there any way I can get smart or Yum to work without having to reinstall?
thank you in advance for any advice as to what I could try,
- S

I ran into a problem where after upgrading yum, it wouldn't work
anymore. I was migrating from FC3 to FC4 via yum and decided that just
upgrading yum first was a good thing. It was not due to some assumed
dependencies. I had to force install libxml2. I don't know if this is
related to your problem but if you are considering reinstalling
anyways, it couldn't hurt to try. See thread at
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2005-September/msg00054.html
for a description of my situation.

/Mike