Re: Inquiry problem with gnome-obex-send

Andrea Mastellone wrote:
Since this has worked in previous FC versions it seems to be an FC6
issue. Has anybody a similar problem? Is this subject to Bugzilla?

I've the same problem. Sending via terminal with "gnome-obex-send --dest
{device} {file}" works fine. But no devices are discovered in
nautilus-sendto or gnome-obex-send. hcitool scan works fine.
I've searched around the net but now solution at this time.
Any other?
I have discovered that the devices are scanned and showed if you launch gnome-obex-send as root.

I have found no solutions over the net.

Strangely enough, I have the same problem. It just started one day. I have not done any major updates, only 32 updates till date and none of them are related to either gnome or any bluetooth related RPMs. If something broke, I guess it has to be because of one of those 32 packages. I can provide a list if anyone's interested.

One more thing. Contrary to Schlueri's experience, gnome-obex-send is able to discover new devices on my system.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218