Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Charles Curley writes:

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 07:06:35PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

If I can implement this level of error recovery in my package
manager, there's no reason rpm couldn't.

Is your package manager available for us to play with?

Yes - http://www.lpmtool.com

On FC6 there's a minor compilation error which I've already fixed in CVS, I'm just too lazy to bump the label and cut a new tarball. If you want to get it built on FC6, pull the source from Sourceforge CVS. Also, you'll need to find the Perl-RPM2 package somewhere. Perl-RPM2 is strangely absent from FC6 Extras, you'll need to hunt it down yourself.

A sample screenshot: http://www.lpmtool.com/gnome.html

All current Courier tarballs include an lpm specfile, in addition to an rpm specfile, so they can be played with, as sample lpm packages.