Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 19:06:35 PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik
(mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> M. Fioretti writes:
> >which fundamental defects, sorry?
>
> a brief, concise summary:

Thanks!

> Try a "yum update" when a dozen, or so, packages need tobe updated.
> Press CTRL-C after half of them are installed. Enjoy spending the rest of
> the day undoing the resulting mess, and cleaning up all the puke in your
> filesystem, and the rpm database.

I've had similar experiences on Centos, so yes, I agree with you on this.

> There's no technical reason why an rpm file cannot include the URL of any
> repositories that provide packages any needed dependencies, together with
> the repositories' keys.

I like the concept, but for some reason which I can't point out before
sleeping I have the _feeling_ that there is some practical reason why
this wouldn't work in real life. But maybe I'm just sleepy.

Thanks for your explanation,

	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73