Re: Microsoft Courts Red Hat

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Tom Horsley wrote:

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:41:15 -0500
taharka <res00vl8@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Microsoft is to form a partnership with Red Hat to improve the
interoperability of Windows and Linux, according to Tom Robertson,
Microsoft's general manager of interoperability and standards.

But the only interoperability problems are always caused by
Microsoft refusing to actually obey existing RFCs. What's the
partnership going to do? Break redhat the same way microsoft
is already broken?

I suspect it is an attempt to trick them into violating some hidden IP landmine.

I don't truct Micorsoft as far as I can throw Balmer.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark