Re: x-mame (gxmame?)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Jeffrey Ross wrote:

Looking to put together a system for MAME and I refuse to run it under "windbloze" Anybody have any experience installing xmame under Linux? specifically under Fedora Core and what gotcha's to look out for.

My goal is to make this a stand along system only for xmame so that it will boot up into the xmame or gxmame memu.

Freshrpms.net has rpms for xmame.

I have built it from source. Not very hard. I have not built it in a while though.

I had problems running xmame under KDE. It would aggrigate the shift key presses into a single batch so not all the keystrokes went through. Problem since a number of important keys were mapped to shift, alt and ctrl. Worked fine under Gnome. (This may have changed. It has been a while since I had time to play it.)

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark