Re: [Fedora] Sendmail's 2GiB limit?

Martin Marques wrote:

After some digging I found out that it's sysklogd that stops at the 2 GiB limit. 32-bit anyone? So, is there a reason why this is done? And do I have to rebuild the sysklogd rpm to enable this?

Why on earth do you have logs that are larger then 2GiB? I logrotate working correctly?

A better question is why is there still anything with a 2 gig file size limit? Or why was there ever one in Linux, given that unix should have already been going through the pain of conversion by the time Linux distributions were being built?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx